Sunday, November 26, 2006

DOES CROCHETING COUNT AS AN AEROBIC ACTIVITY?

This past week has been a steady flourish of baking, eating, crocheting and occassionally reading. I will be so glad when tomorrow gets here I have been lax knowing that I will be forced into compliance with signing up for the Mini this Tuesday evening.

Thanksgiving gave us the opportunity to visit yet another little Illinois town. We spent it with my very best glamizon Jen and her hubbie Sean in Casey with her family. Jen's mom gave me the full tour of Casey--it was a neat little town. We had a very nice time. Her huge family welcomed us as if we were part of their family. Jen has a nephew that is a little older than Nat and I really thought they would have a good time outside kicking the pig skin around. Instead, they decided that kicking the virtual pig skin around on Josh's PS2 more their speed after consuming their turkey day feast.

Friday, after working 4 hours, Nat and I ventured out on my first ever Black Friday shopping excursion. The Old Navy ads really caught my attention but once we got there I didn't really care for the $10 fleeces they were offering. I was able to get Max's gifts finished. The rest of the day was spent trying to find clothes for Nat's half sister Chelsae.

I was able to find four complete outfits and a couple of jackets for her at the Goodwill. The clothes were all major name brands that did not look as if they had ever been worn. The prices were awesome! I even got a "frequent shopper" card that saved us an additional 25% off. Hopefully her mom will allow her to keep these clothes and not sell them off for alcohol/drug $$.

Nat is making me cookies. A lady I work w/ gave us the easiest cookie recipe ever. You use one box of any kind of cake mix, 2 eggs, and 1/2 Cup of oil @ 350 degrees for 13 minutes. He has chosen a devils food mix w/ white chocolate/milk chocolate swirl morsels.

Originally I thought I would use an orange cake mix w/ white chocolate morsels to make "dreamsicle" style cookies; however, Baeslers was out of the orange cake mix. Instead, I have decided to make red velvet cake cookies w/ white chocolate morsels and crushed candy cane pieces for a cookie exchange we are going to be having at work for Christmas. I may even put a little cream cheese frosting on top of them. Doesn't that sound wonderful? Let me know if you have any other cool concoction suggestions.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cake balls

Make a cake the way the box calls.

Let it cool, then crumble into a bowl. Mix with 1 can of frosting. Form into balls and chill in refrigerator or freezer. Melt chocolate bark over stove in double boiler and dip cake balls in chocolate to cover. Place chocolate covered cake balls in freezer to set. serve.

I have done yellow cake with lemon frosting, but you can mix flavors that will be good together.

extreeeeeeeeeeeeemely delicious.

enjoy!
cole