Tuesday, December 26, 2006

ONLY 6 MORE DAYS.....

The holidays will finally be over. I can stop celebrating all of my many blessings with great company, great food (& occassional drink), and a heavy butt that does not want to get out of a recliner.

Once my folks moved to FL I became very depressed. I was bound and determined to not have any fun--afterall, what did I have to celebrate? Fortunately, God has placed very loving, giving, persistant people in my life that forced me out from under the rock I have been hiding under. Who would have thunk that I could have had so much fun and been so busy? Nat's poor girlfriend returned from FL Friday but had to wait until this morning to talk to him. By the time we got home each evening it was too late for him to return her calls.

Yesterday morning we went to the Conley family Christmas brunch. My cousin Annie is the most amazing cook and Aunt Eva can serve up a pretty tasty Mimosa. Annie's priest was able to come for brunch and blessed our meals with prayer and humor. Unfortunately, the Conley kids and Aunt Eva and Uncle Bob were on their way to the airport to catch a flight to Baltimore--the kids to spend time with their dad every Christmas for a week. Last I heard their dad and his wife were stuck in Denver--apparently he needed a specific amount of frequent flyers miles to bump up to the "next level" so they thought they'd just go to Denver for the heck of it--what a rough life.

The rest of our afternoon and evening were spent w/ the Tennises. We were able watch adorable little Kierra open her gifts. After our bellies were full, we all settled into a recliner. They have two couches and a love seat that ALL have built in recliners. I could sooooooo spend days at a time on the end of one of their couches. It is the perfect set up for a lap top b/c the center cushion can be transformed into a table top. The only time you would ever see me is when Dr Phil brought the camera crews and crane over to get a 1200 pound me out of the house by removing a wall! Obviously when I put that couch into context I guess I'd better stick with my slightly uncomfortable furniture.

We had taken my laptop along b/c Nat has been having problems with transferring music to his new iPod Nano that meemaw got him for Christmas. Uncle Bill was able to teach me how to clear a bunch of junk off of my laptop AND he determined that there is a problem with the new iPod Nanos and the latest release of Windows update. Hopefully we will be able to find a fix for it thru the Apple website. Apparently the laptop does not recognize the Nano as a separate device, as it should.

Last night we all went to see the new Ben Stiller movie A NIGHT AT THE MUSEUM. It was really cute. I laughed out loud quite a bit. Normally, I am not a fan of that Owen Wilson but I did like him in this movie. Did everyone know that Mickey Ronney is still alive? or at least at the time of the taping of this movie? I thought he died years ago--along w/ Bob Barker! LOL, just kidding aunt sisters!

I am sooooo grateful that God is changing my selfish, ungrateful heart to a heart full of gratitude. I can honestly say that we lacked for nothing and enjoyed all of our time exceeding, abundantly more than I could ask or imagine. God, continue to bless us all.

No comments: