Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Didn't want no darn oatmeal anyway!

Ever since lent began I have been craving a hot bowl of oatmeal. Sounds healthy right? Well, not really. I prefer it with lots of butter, maple syrup, and brown sugar.

The other day when I was at Walmart I noticed that Splenda was available in brown sugar. That was the extent of my label reading.

This morning I got up early, padded into the kitchen, anxious to eat an early breakfast for a change. Once the oatmeal was prepared and the Splenda package was open I decided maybe I would read the package. Apparently the brown sugar is 1/2 Splenda and 1/2 regular brown sugar! Damn!

No worries. I remembered that my mom had left a bottle of Sugar-Free maple syrup in my cabinet during their last trip to town. I open the bottle, pour the syrup on my oatmeal, and then read the labeling. The syrup expired 4 months ago AND it said that it s/h/b refrigerated all that time.

Better get ready for work. I will just have to eat my grapefruit later this morning. Aack!

No comments: