Friday, March 23, 2007

I am still pluggin along

This week I have really been focusing on gym workouts. I have been getting up at 4:30 every morning to go to the gym. By the time I get home, fix dinner, chill out a bit, and catch up on emails and blogs I am absolutely exhausted. Needless to say I am not keeping the late nights that I usually do.

The weather this week has been awesome. I have even been sleeping with the windows open. Ahhhh, next to Fall, Spring is my next favorite season. Believe it or not, now that I have all this extra energy, from morning workouts, I think I am going to start doing some serious yard work. I know this is shocking to most of you--it is so out of character for me, but what the heck!

My aluminum siding, on the outside of the house, has begun to look pretty dingy. I want to look into renting a power washer. Once that is done I want to look into either painting the siding or just touching up the awnings. I haven't decided yet. I am sure that cost will play a big factor.

Last summer, my little neighbor friend Kimberly, painted the siding on her house and detached garage and I am thinking it was less than $200. My cost might be a little higher b/c her family already owned the paint sprayer. Now that I think about it she painted well into the summer to avoid the wind. I may have to put this job off already. I don't think my next door neighbor would appreciate the deep cranberry color I intend to use on his taupe siding.

The Mini is not that far off. This year has just flown by. I am not only looking forward to the Mini--my folks will be here then! My cousin is getting married the evening of the Mini so I am looking forward to spending time with aunts, uncles, & cousins that I don't get to see very often. OMG, I had the perfect outfit picked out for the wedding and reception but I just realized that my feet are probably not going to be in any shape to be in ultra pointy pumps. Hmmm, I will have to take this into consideration.

Last night I watched my "baby cakes" nephew. I always call him baby cakes (his given name is actually Max). Last night he tried to correct me, "Ont Chonna, I not baby cakes, my name is Max, A-M-X. How funny is that! He then tried to tell me that he could only be baby cakes if, "I have a baby in my belly and a cake with candles".

Later, when it was getting toward bed time, I told him that we would need to take off his Buzz Lightyear suit and put on his jammies. He wasn't quite ready, and it was still a little early, so I just let him sit in the corner of the couch all curled up. All of the sudden he yawned a yawn that must have come from his tippy toes. When I looked over at him, and raised an eyebrow at him, he said, "That was a wake-up yawn". He is such a stinker butt!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

4:30am!! You are my hero!
Keep up the good workouts.
Max is too funny! I can't wait to see everyone in May too. It should be a fun-filled family weekend.