Monday, March 19, 2007

HIYA CUPCAKE!

This weekend was Nate's surprise party. I was such a nervous wreck. Never again will I fail to RSVP for an event. I didn't have a firm number on how many kids were showing up. The kids I really thought would be there weren't and a couple of kids came with others that I had not originally invited (which was more than fine). We had 8 and 1/2 teens show up with 6 adults throughout the course of the evening. (the 1/2 was my baby cakes nephew, Max).

Everything worked out perfectly. I was running a little behind but it was all good. My biggest fear was getting to Sams Club, having them look at the membership card, and say, "Sorry ma'am, this isn't your card!" I actually don't have a membership so I borrowed Cole's card. She has lost so much weight...needless to say it is obvious that the card was not mine. I decided to pay with cash and pull the hundred dollar bill out before handing over the card. It worked out perfectly, the guy never even looked at the pic. It wasn't necessary for me to put the "old Shauna" on (believe me, I had all my arguments all lined out in my head).

I literally ran to the bakery to pick up the 48 butter cream iced cupcakes and then deposited them on a flat bed cart so I could pick up the 8 pizzas from the snack shack part of Sams. The pizza were awesome! I have heard from others over the years that they are quite tasty but I had not actually tried them (probably b/c I didn't have a membership).

The traffic in the south end of town around Sams still sucks! I guess I had hoped that it would have drastically declined after the new Walmart was built out on 46. Fortunately, my friend Jen was driving or I would have killed myself or gotten myself thrown in jail.

Everything worked out perfectly. We got to the gaming place right at 5:45, just enough time to get all the decorations set up, food layed out, and guests in place. Nate was very confused when he walked in. He kept looking around--it wasn't until I said Happy Birthday that he finally got it.

The kids had a blast. They stayed until about 9pm--originally, I was willing to stay until 11pm if they chose but fortunately they decided they would rather go rent some movies and games and go home. I had managed to take on a stress headache and my back was aching from carrying a huge bucket (the kind w/ rope handles) laden w/ soda bottles and h2o bottles.

I better get, I have been up for an hour and I want to be at the Y right when it opens at 5am. I have decided to workout at least 2hrs a day until the Mini. This thing isn't over for me yet.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad the party went well! Sounds like a fun night.
Love ya!