Thursday, May 17, 2007

Weight Loss Mentor to the Rescue


Once I completed the Mini and comitted to becoming a runner girl I knew that major changes had to take place w/ my diet. Although I have made attempts on my own I cannot seem to find much success. Unfortunately, I cannot afford to pay for a weight loss program.

A couple days after the Mini I left a message for one of the trainers to contact me. It was time to become educated on facts--not assumptions, perceptions, or myths.

The trainer that I chose was one that I know to have lost an extreme amount of weight. There was an article in the paper about him several years ago--he is a police officer who had lost over 100 lbs. He has since become formally educated in matters of nutrition and weight loss.

For a brief amount of time last year I switched gyms. Although I really admired the trainer at the second gym I was very self conscious. He was always very polite, and maybe this was my own skewed perception, but I felt uncomfortable w/ someone who obviously hadn't been overweight a day in their life.

Today I received the return phone call from the trainer (who had lost lotsa weight)--I was grateful to be able to be straightforward with him. Grateful that he can relate to where I am. Unfortunately, he is unable to accept any new clients; however, he has offered to review my diet and excercise regiment to see if he can help me to tweak it in the right places.

For the next several weeks I need to keep track of everything that I am eating/drinking and an activity log. Weekly I will place this info in his mailbox and he will make his suggestions. He seemed thrilled to help in this capacity b/c he said there were so many that helped him.

The light at the end of the tunnel seems to be getting brighter.

1 comment:

Jen said...

Great! I'm sure this will help you a lot.

Love ya!