Tuesday, February 27, 2007

As if my addictive personality needs any more vices....

My dear friend Jen has introduced a new vice to my life. In an attempt to get me out of my comfy house and comfy flannel pjs(by the way, is that really so wrong? to love your house and pjs?) she has officially gotten me addicted to beading.

Tonight she accompanied me on a trip to our local Hobby Lobby. It is the most awesome store. My ADHD goes haywire. She and Nate kept making fun of the fact that I couldn't stay focused enough to complete a sentence. Mid sentence a new bead, clasp, or clearance sign would lasso me in.

My ultimate goal is to make enough money from the sale of my "masterpieces" to fund my trip to NYC for Christmas and New Years Eve.

Yes, I am avoiding, I don't wanna admit that I skipped out on training today. I have got to be the laziest person on earth. I can go to bed after midnight, get up when the alarm clock goes off at 4am, sign onto my computer, check email, blogs, etc...and be up until 5am--at which time I look outside, see frost on the windows, and head back to bed b/c I don't wanna have to warm up my car.

Yesterday while I was doing my big walk I caught myself making new excuses. For the last couple of months now I have been saying, "if it was just lighter outside". It finally gets lighter of an evening and now I am whining b/c the temps have dropped again. Next thing you know it will be lighter and warmer and I will have to invent an entirely new excuse--hm, like--"I am walking entirely too fast. If only I could gain some more weight in my butt and hips to slow me down a bit." (yeah, pigs with wings will be spotted on the doprad).

No comments: