Sunday, February 25, 2007


MINI INVESTMENT IN MINI

The time has come to retire my training shoes. My Physician, who participates in marathons, explained to me that the insides of shoes breaks down much quicker than the outside. Although my shoes appeared as if they had many more miles to them according to their aesthetics they were well past their functionality.

If anyone ever tells you that all sporting good stores are created equally they are incorrect. I have been so entirely impressed with the staff of Pacesetter Sporting Goods. Their depth of knowledge is very impressive. The young gal who assisted me was interested more in my arch and gait than selling me the highest priced option.

When it came to trying on the different shoes she always put a different style of shoe on each foot. This was so helpful. It helped me to see the difference between the two. It was much easier to eliminate the option that was not comfortable. Within minutes I had gone through quite a few different brands and styles--ultimately choosing the best, most comfortable one for me.

Once the determination had been made she had me walk on a treadmill to watch my stride and how the shoes supported it. I am so grateful for the perfect match.
Did you know that there are footies out there that cost $12 a pair? Yes, I invested in a pair. They are designed to wick away moisture and keep the feet cooler. Hence, no blisters. This pair will only be used the day of the Mini.
My objective yesterday was to buy a new pair of training shoes, as well as, a pair of everyday shoes. My training material suggests that training and participation are the only appropriate times to wear your training shoes. Therefore, it is necessary to have a 2nd pair for everyday use. Unfortunately my quest for an aesthetically pleasing pair was not as successful. I am so bummed. It looks like I am going to have to make a trip to the mall--Aack! I hate the mall!
Note: Too fancy for my own good--ignore the empty frame at the top. I attempted to put a pic of shoes on the blog but it is apparently protected by copyright. Therefore, I have provided the link.

No comments: