Saturday, February 17, 2007

HAIRY HOUSE GUEST

This weekend T&C&M have braved a trip to Indpls. Initially we heard we were supposed to have an additional inch of snow but it seems much more significant than that. Tim had contest to attend for his music students and Cole and Max had a birthday party to attend.

Cole has been sooooo good to me about getting Nate to school during these school delays. Rather than boarding Gunther we brought him in. He has really matured. He is so woolly that he brings in miniature snowballs attached to the hair around his feet. He is such a good watch dog. Nothing gets past him. Unfortunately, all sounds are foreign to him so he has been alerting us all day.

My day has been spent reading a cheesy book, Reality TV Bites. With the streets being so bad this week I have been spending a good amount of time in the library branch located near my work. Life has been kind of stressful for the last couple of months so I have chosen to pick up light-hearted, humorous reading. Don't need any more weighty things to have to think about. It's an OK read. It definitely doesn't read as easy as Body Movers I read last week.

Also, I have spent today updating my blogger to the newest Beta version. Don't ask me what that means. I held out as long as I could and then they no longer gave me the option to sign into my old blogger format. I had high hopes for it being more idiot friendly. Initially I thought that had really "figured it out"--unfortunately, I was wrong.

My new addiction is beading thanks to my friend Jen. Last night I attended a beading bee. We had such a great time. Homemade guacamole, homemade salsa, and a little margarita. We were so busy chatting, chuckling, and beading that I neglected to notice that my "bracelet" ended up being more the size of a necklace for a small child. I plan on reworking it tomorrow.

Unfortunately, I have not had the opportunity to watch the news the last couple of days. A co-worker said that it is supposed to get up to 52 degrees this week. I am so ready! It is no secret that I have been bummed about my lack of activity here recently. Fortunately there are gals out there, whose blogs I read, that give me hope. I am not alone in these winter doldrums. Runner girl, Jenn in Detroit and Andrea K, in Pennsylvania, have restored my hope for an active future. This is just a temporary stagnation. I don't have to allow myself to slip backwards--I just need to stand--this time shall pass.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Shauna, Have you read any of Janet Evanovich's novels? Her books are pretty easy reads. Her Stephanie Plum (a bounty hunter) series are real good. I've read the first 12 of them & am waiting for her to write more. They all have a number in the title, such as: One for the Money, Two for the Dough, Three to Get Deadly, etc. The first couple are a little scarey & gross but once you catch on to Stephanie's mishaps & personality, they are less scary. If you do read them, make sure you read them in order so they make more sense.