Saturday, February 24, 2007

Have you seen the IN GOD WE TRUST license plates?

Yesterday, while taking Nate to school, I noticed a new type of plate on several cars. On the left hand side of plate it says IN GOD WE TRUST. It is the coolest. I liked it so well that I was willing to pay an extra fee if it was specific to a certain organization.

During lunch I noticed a co-worker had one on her car. It occurred to me that her last name begins with the letter "A"--I am soooooo excited, these are our new state plates! I will not have to pay extra for it.

It seems like a wonderfully bold move on behalf of our state government. In a world where every belief or right seems to be honored except for the Christian belief this is an awesome statement. This decision is an exciting one because it proves that we as Christians, despite our denominational preferences, have become united in our very basic belief. We are like minded and willing to come together and fight as children of God.

This seems like a major accomplishment for society to acknowledge our very relevant existence.Our numbers would have to be phenomenal in order for this issue to be raised--for government to relent in dividing us. Our voices, in the name of God, have been heard.

It seems that the government seems to be learning from the lessons that we have been teaching the retail industry in the last several years.

You know, as usual, that I am probably over thinking all of this--irregardless, I am grateful for the opportunity to proudly display this plate on my vehicle.

No comments: